A short synopsis from the 40 stories written in the bestseller “Bringing Value, Solving Problems and Leaving a legacy”
An iconic thought leader and author of 16 bestselling books, Mr Denis Waitley has connected with great psychologists like Abraham Maslow, Carl Rogers, Viktor Frankl. He worked for the Apollo astronauts and was named chairman of psychology to enhance the performance of the greatest US athletes for all of America. Despite all these honours, Mr Waitley is a humble person who first and foremost lives what he teaches, and that’s what makes him so exceptional!
My biggest takeaways from Denis Waitley’s story:
1. Be a role model, not a critic. Your children are a reflection of how you live. Set the right example for them and show them by your actions rather than your words. Values are more likely caught than taught.
2. Be excellent in what you do for its own merit, not for the accolades or the money.
3. Always give more in value than you receive in payment.
4. Money doesn’t have value if you just have it. Use it wisely, and pass it on while you’re alive.
5. Take time to listen, to look, to live and appreciate the beauty all around.
Thank you, Mr Waitley, for reminding us that human connection, love and nature are what makes us human and alive!
More info: “Bringing Value, Solving Problems and Leaving a Legacy” (p. 257)
Charles V Kaluwasha
Sent from my phone with Blog This WOW